Monday, November 22, 2010

Upside Down "Pizza"

































So this definitely isn't a gourmet meal, but it worked great when I didn't have much in the house. I didn't make it to the grocery store before dinner, so I needed to find a recipe that would use ground beef, spaghetti sauce and cheese. I had cheese in little star shapes that I got for J, but he didn't really like them so I used them up. It was fortunate that I also had crescent rolls, because that really made the recipe.

My husband really liked it. I was thinking there wasn't much too it; just spaghetti sauce with meat with a thin dough crust, but he said the main thing is it tasted good. It was good and we both had seconds. My son was not at all into eating tonight, so I couldn't find out if he liked it or not.

I got this recipe from allrecipes.com so you can click on the link or follow the instructions below.

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 T chopped or minced garlic
1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls

Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Brown beef, onion and garlic in sauce pan over medium high heat. Once browned, drain fat and stir in spaghetti sauce.
  • In a 9 x 13 baking dish, spread a layer of sauce. Top with 1/2 the cheese and 1/2 the Parmesan, add another layer of sauce and then the rest of the cheese.
  • Top with crescent rolls, pinching the seams together.
  • Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, this sounds good and simple. I may have to try it! I just got a new cookbook and it has a recipe for making a pizza crust. I think we're going to try making our own pizzas soon. I hope they turn out good. :)

    ReplyDelete

We welcome the comments of our followers!