Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"Lasagna Mac"
































Well, this one's right off the back of the box of the Kraft Mac & Cheese! But WOW is it YUMMY! Probably because it's so cheesy. Being a Wisconsin cheese head myself, that's right up my alley. Last night, I was just going to make a basic meal of mac-n-cheese with cut up hot dogs, but then I saw this recipe on the back of the box but below I tailored it a bit. I had all the ingredients and it sounded good, so that was our dinner. We only had a little left over, so I made more today for lunch! J just loved it and ate his entire helping.


















Ingredients:
1 box (14 oz) deluxe mac and cheese dinner (we used Kraft's sharp cheddar with cheese sauce)
1 lb ground beef
1 jar (14 oz) spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
*minced garlic
*chopped green pepper

* = my additions


Instructions:
  • Prepare the mac & cheese as directed on package including mixing in the cheese sauce.
  • At the same time, brown the ground beef. Add garlic and green pepper. Once the meat is no longer pink, drain and add spaghetti sauce. Let simmer for 5 or 10 minutes.
  • Alternate a layer of the meat sauce and a layer of the mac & cheese. Repeat layers and then top with the shredded cheese.
  • Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I made something similar to this last week (except mine was less cheesy... I will have to try the chessier version. I love cheese!), I called it a spaghetti bake. I topped it with bread crumbs that had been mixed with butter, and we loved it! I'm enjoying reading your recipes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spaghetti bake sounds good with the bread crumbs on top! Mmmm....Glad you're enjoying the recipes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks real yummy! I think my kiddos would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharp cheddar sounds wonderful. This looks quick and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a yummy blog you have..hmmm...thanks

    ReplyDelete

We welcome the comments of our followers!