Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tasty Roast Chicken Vegetable Soup

















I recently picked up a whole chicken that we had a few meals from. It was time to figure out what to do with the carcass. I did a google search, and after investigating several I finally found what I was looking for at The Boston Globe.

When you click the link, you'll see the entire recipe. There is a recipe for the broth and there is a recipe for the vegetables that later get mixed in with the broth.

Here were my personal additions:
BROTH:
  • I added about 2 tablespoons of olive oil for flavor.
  • I added about 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic, also for flavor.
  • I added various spices (some parsley, some Spike seasoning and some McCormick Garlic Herb chicken seasoning - maybe 1 teaspoon each.)

VEGETABLES:
  • Instead of button mushrooms I just used pre-sliced white mushrooms.
  • I also added about 7 or 8 small (cut up) red potatoes I pre-cooked in the microwave for 6 minutes.
  • I added about 1 cup of egg noodles.

Hope you enjoy it! Another cold-day comfy meal.

3 comments:

  1. Made this last week after a night of rotisserre - used the leftovers. YUM!!! Loved the addition of mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Mushrooms sound great! I'm so glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog.

    God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome the comments of our followers!