I recently picked up a whole chicken that we had a few meals from. It was time to figure out what to do with the carcass. I did a google search, and after investigating several I finally found what I was looking for at The Boston Globe.
When you click the link, you'll see the entire recipe. There is a recipe for the broth and there is a recipe for the vegetables that later get mixed in with the broth.
Here were my personal additions:
- I added about 2 tablespoons of olive oil for flavor.
- I added about 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic, also for flavor.
- I added various spices (some parsley, some Spike seasoning and some McCormick Garlic Herb chicken seasoning - maybe 1 teaspoon each.)
- Instead of button mushrooms I just used pre-sliced white mushrooms.
- I also added about 7 or 8 small (cut up) red potatoes I pre-cooked in the microwave for 6 minutes.
- I added about 1 cup of egg noodles.
Hope you enjoy it! Another cold-day comfy meal.