Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cherry "Dump" Cake
















In the past month, this recipe has come up twice during recipe conversations so I thought it was time to try it out! What's great is that it is so nice and simple! A mom at my mom's group mentioned it and then my sister suggested I try it too. Some make it with pineapple, but I decided to do mine without.


Ingredients:
1 can cherry pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter

Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Open can of cherry pie filling and "dump" it into a 9 x 13-in pan. Spread it evenly on the bottom.
  • Open yellow cake mix and pour it onto the cherry pie filling.
  • Slice the stick of butter and randomly place the butter pats across the top. To be technical, I was able to fit 5 rows of butter with 4 pats across.
  • Bake for 50 minutes and enjoy!

















OK, so I just finished making this and have some ideas. Don't try to put it in a smaller pan (like I did). There is too much cake mix for a smaller pan. I'm not sure if that affected my cake (because I had to transfer it into a bigger pan), but it wasn't as incredible as I expected. I may like this better with the pineapple. I also think it would be delicious if I added a scoop of vanilla ice cream! It was good, it just wasn't as incredible as I'd heard......I'd be interested to know how it turns out for you if you try it!

4 comments:

  1. Shalom to you my friend!

    Thank you for your kind comment. We christians are one big family.

    God Bless you lead you with His Love & anointing.

    Have a wonderful weekend. Take care & God Bless, David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good, Tracey! And I'm always looking for easy recipes. I am going to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a lovely n quick recipe !!! Love it

    - Smita
    www.littlefoodjunction.blogspot.com
    (fun food ideas for picky eaters )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks yummy! Thanks for sharing. I like to try new recipes from time to time. Thanks for visiting my blog. You mentioned thinking about homeschooling...we have four kiddos, three boys and one girl and I am so glad that I am blessed to be able to homeschool. I would encourage you to definitely look into it. There are a lot of different curriculums...something for everyone. Anyways thanks for visiting and I look forward to more recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete

We welcome the comments of our followers!