Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tangy Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs

















My husband has been asking for ribs lately and I bought some beef spare ribs at the store a couple weeks ago. I finally sat down today and went through two "Fix it and Forget It" slow cooker cookbooks I got from the library. I put this recipe together borrowing from a few of theirs what sounded yummy to me.


Ingredients:
2 lbs beef ribs (I used boneless beef short ribs, but pork ribs would work too)
3/4 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
2 T sugar
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 cup cola
1 T minced garlic
1 tsp dry mustard
dash or two of salt and pepper


Instructions:
  • Take ribs if frozen and defrost in the microwave.
  • Mix all the ingredients together (minus ribs) in a mixing bowl.
  • Place ribs on the bottom of slow cooker and pour sauce mixture on top. If needed, arrange a second layer of ribs after you pour half of mixture onto the bottom ribs.
  • Pour the rest of the sauce onto the top layer of ribs.
  • Cook on low for 4-5 hours.

3 comments:

  1. Tracey- The ribs sound easy and delicious. I always tend to shy away from them because I always thought they were too much work! Love the slow cooker! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is gonna love this recipe and I am gonna love making it because it is in the crockpot! I love my crockpot! :) Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the slow cooker too! It is so great especially this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome the comments of our followers!