1 pound chicken breast
4 T butter
1 medium onion
3 cloves garlic, minced fine
1/4 cup flour
1 T curry powder
32 ounces chicken broth
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup milk
6 medium yellow potatoes
1 T sugar
1 T garlic salt
2 tsp salt
cayenne pepper (optional, for spice)
- Heat 2T butter over medium-high heat in skillet. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden. Set chicken aside.
- In soup pot, add rest of butter and reduce heat to medium. Add diced onion and garlic and cook while stirring. Onions should start turning brown.
- Sprinkle in flour stirring to combine. Stir in curry powder. Cook mixture (will get thick) for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour in chicken broth. Stir to mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and milk, salt, garlic salt, pepper, sugar and cayenne pepper. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and diced potatoes and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes. Before serving, allow to stand 5 or 10 minutes.