I got the idea for this dish from a visit at Taste of the Blogosphere. When I saw her picture, this looked like something we'd like to eat. I decided to do a search on the internet and came up with a simpler version.
2-3 cups Fritos corn chips
2 cups Mexican shredded cheese
1 lb hamburger meat
1 can of Texas style chili beans
2 T chili powder
1 T minced garlic
- Brown ground beef adding minced garlic.
- Once meat is no longer pink, add Texas style chili beans and chili powder.
- Let simmer for several minutes to blend flavors.
- Put layer of Fritos on bottom of glass pan.
- Put half of cheese on top of the Fritos.
- Place meat/bean mixture on top of the Fritos and spread evenly.
- Add another layer of Fritos and the rest of the cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Hope you enjoy!