Thursday, October 27, 2011

Stuffed Green Peppers




I often like asking my husband for meal ideas based on things his mom used to make when he was a boy, and many of those become regular staple meals for us. One of those ideas was stuffed green peppers. I finally got this on my menu and found a great recipe to try. I was very pleased with how they turned out!! Not only were they easier than I thought, they were really yummy. The funny thing was that while hand-pouring my sugar into the (tomato) sauce I accidentally over did it! I also used olive oil instead of vegetable oil. I really think it was that sauce that made it taste so good.



Ingredients:
  • 4 green peppers with tops cut off and seeds removed
  • ground beef
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1-2 T minced garlic
  • 2-3 T parsley
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 2 cups uncooked rice
  • tomato sauce
  • sugar
  • olive oil

Instructions:
  • Set oven to 450 and begin browning the ground beef.
  • While that is cooking, make your rice.
  • Once meat is no longer pink, add eggs, garlic, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
  • Cut the tops off the green peppers and remove the stems and seeds.
  • Stuff the peppers with the meat mixture placing them in a roasting pan.
  • Drizzle olive oil over the peppers and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
  • Remove peppers from oven and turn oven down to 350. Mix tomato sauce, a little water and sugar. Pour over top of peppers and return to oven.
  • Bake another 30-40 minutes until your peppers are nice and soft. Add a bit of water if the sauce dries up too much.

Serve and enjoy!


Thanks for visiting :o)

1 comment:

We welcome the comments of our followers!