I often like asking my husband for meal ideas based on things his mom used to make when he was a boy, and many of those become regular staple meals for us. One of those ideas was stuffed green peppers. I finally got this on my menu and found a great recipe to try. I was very pleased with how they turned out!! Not only were they easier than I thought, they were really yummy. The funny thing was that while hand-pouring my sugar into the (tomato) sauce I accidentally over did it! I also used olive oil instead of vegetable oil. I really think it was that sauce that made it taste so good.
- 4 green peppers with tops cut off and seeds removed
- ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-2 T minced garlic
- 2-3 T parsley
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- tomato sauce
- olive oil
- Set oven to 450 and begin browning the ground beef.
- While that is cooking, make your rice.
- Once meat is no longer pink, add eggs, garlic, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Cut the tops off the green peppers and remove the stems and seeds.
- Stuff the peppers with the meat mixture placing them in a roasting pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over the peppers and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove peppers from oven and turn oven down to 350. Mix tomato sauce, a little water and sugar. Pour over top of peppers and return to oven.
- Bake another 30-40 minutes until your peppers are nice and soft. Add a bit of water if the sauce dries up too much.
Serve and enjoy!
Thanks for visiting :o)