Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chicken Cacciatore


Well, too late I realized the recipe I printed out from My Menu Plan this week was supposed to be cooked in a slow cooker. Oops! So I had to improvise and created the recipe below, using some basics from the original recipe. I liked how it turned out! Very flavorful and my son just loved it. Definitely a keeper!


INGREDIENTS:
1-2 pounds chicken breast, cubed
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 red pepper, diced
1-2 carrots, diced
1 T minced garlic
Italian seasonings to taste
1 cup rice, cooked



INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Cook chicken in 1 tablespoon olive oil until no pink is left.
  • Add red pepper, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, carrots, chicken broth and Italian seasoning. Stir ingredients together.
  • Cook on low to medium heat until carrots and red pepper are tender (20 minutes or so).
  • Serve over cooked rice.
ENJOY!

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

We welcome the comments of our followers!