I bought something called "Vodka Sauce" and it's been sitting in my pantry. Well, this week as part of my "eating through the pantry" project, I decided to make something with it. Since there were so few recipes available, I decided to just try something from scratch and see how it turned out. I'm so glad I did! I ended up with something really good, and never even used the vodka sauce! (I was getting ready to add it at the end and opened the jar. It had an odd smell that didn't seem to blend with the wonderful smell the casserole had already, so I decided not to put it in!)
1-1/2 pounds Beef Round Steak
2-3 T Olive Oil
3-4 T Ketchup
2 T Minced Garlic
Beef broth to cover
Sliced Summer Squash
- Cut up the beef round steak into small pieces.
- Place in large pot with olive oil, ketchup and garlic. Cook over medium to high heat until meat is browned.
- Pour beef broth over meat until covered. Simmer on medium-high for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Add sliced squash, zucchini and tomatoes and cook another 30 to 45 minutes. Add more beef broth should it need more consistency.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Serve meat mixture over rice.
Thanks for visiting!