I think I got distracted by all this beautiful weather we've been having .... it's mid-April and my first post of the month! I did make the salmon cakes I mentioned in my Menu Plan Monday. They were actually pretty good! They're not the ones my mom used to make when I was little (she called them salmon patties), but I'd make these again. The sauce really made them, I think. I got the recipe from a new site I found called Eating Well. As always, I did my own editing.
A stalk or two of celery
2 T chopped parsley
15 ounces canned salmon
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1-3/4 cups bread crumbs
1/2 t pepper
Creamy dill sauce
1/4 cup mayonaisse
1 T lemon juice
1 T dill
- Cover bottom of frying pan with oil. Add celery. Cook until softened.
- Stir in parsley and remove from heat.
- In small bowl, place salmon and break apart with a fork. (Remove bones and skin if necessary.) Add egg, mix well. Add the celery mixture and mix until all combined.
- Make into 8 thin patties.
- Cook salmon cakes in pan about 3 minutes a side.
- Transfer cakes onto a baking pan. Cook in oven for about 15 or 20 minutes, until golden.
- For dill sauce: Combine in a bowl and mix well. Serve on top of or next to salmon cake.