Saturday, March 3, 2012

Yummy Coconut Blueberry Banana Oatmeal


Ever since I saw this recipe video on You Tube  "The Oatmeal Recipe that will Change Your Life"  I have been experimenting with my own oatmeal concoction. I think I've finally come up with the ultimate oatmeal recipe (per my tastes), although the picture doesn't truly do it justice. I can't believe how good this is!! I made a big batch and after breakfast I found myself eating it throughout the day as a snack. Most of the ingredients aren't measured, so I'll just put my estimates below. This is one of those recipes you can add so many different things to, so feel free to play with it. I have been reading about coconut oil and all the health benefits it has, so I'm trying to find ways to add it into my cooking. Some good articles about it are here (Dr. Mercola) and here at Bruce Fife's website. Bruce Fife wrote several books with one being The Coconut Oil Miracle. If you're interested in more, another good link is here. I'm really getting into the variety of uses for coconut oil!

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
One Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal Packet (or your favorite flavor)
1/2 to 1 cup of Quick Oats
2 T Honey
2 T Coconut Oil
2 T Flaxseed Meal
Handful of Shredded Coconut
1 cup Blueberries
1/2 Banana
1/4 cup Tart Cherries
2 T Half and Half (or milk)
1 cup boiled water

Instructions:

  • Mix all the ingredients together into a mixing bowl, minus the half and half. 
  • Pour the boiling water over the oatmeal so that it's fully saturated and stir it all together. (I actually use a sauce pan so I can cover it with a lid once I put the water in. Helps it stay warm.)
  • Let the oatmeal sit for 15 minutes so all the flavors blend together.
  • Stir in half and half.
Hope you ENJOY!

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. This looks interesting and tasty. Will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome the comments of our followers!